A few ramblings about knitting, mainly vintage stuff and other bits and bobs

Friday 17 May 2019

Free Pattern Friday - A Child's Sun Suit and Cardigan Bestway 1525


Look at this little cutie, isn't she gorgeous? And the kid isn't bad either.

I like how this is such a summer image with the sun-suit and the parasol but the designer also knew about the British summer so included a cardigan.

Not sure how such a baggy suit would keep shape when paddling. Surely this would be on the ground by the end of play but these were very popular so there are loads of designs out there. My dad tells of my gran trying to get a 3 year old me into one she had made. Every time she tied me into it, I stripped it off  - he thinks it went on for about an hour. In the end my gran relented and let me run naked across the beach 'cause it was the early 70s and kids did that then.

Anyway if you have a toddler that you think would love this click on the link below to download the pattern
Sun Suit and Cardigan

No comments:

Post a Comment